Re: [Gtk-osx-users] weird menu problem

On 11/02/2011, at 8:21 AM, John Ralls wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, the best way to track it down is to set a breakpoint on the G_IS_OBJECT macro and see what's getting passed where that trips is.

I've been wondering how to do this for ages, and this exchange pipped my curiosity. According to http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.21/gtk-running.html:

"--g-fatal-warnings.  Make GTK+ abort on all warnings. This is useful to stop on the first warning in a debugger, if your application is printing multiple warnings. It's almost always best to start debugging with the first warning that occurs."

I haven't used it yet; it might be an overly blunt instrument.

regards,
Richard.