Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Creating a gtk+osx gtkglext framework for use with OpenGL?

On Jun 21, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Jack Skellington wrote:

> I've started a Xcode project for gtkglarea, but
> the problem is I guess that GtkGLArea uses glx?
> What functions do I need in gtk+osx and Cocoa/Carbon
> to initialize and render an OpenGL view?
>
> /Jacob

Um, what GTK-OSX are you using? This list supports GTK+-2.0, for which
GTK-OSX is mostly a build system with some Mac integration functions,
which you would use for your application, not for a library.

If GtkGlArea is using GLX, you'll have to patch their code to use OSX
GL glue instead. Sorry, I've no idea what that would be; I've had only
passing contact with OpenGL as a part of a wxWidgets project I
inherited. I suggest searching on OpenGL at http://
developer.apple.com/. You should probably get in touch with the
GtkGLArea devs as well.

You're probably better off sticking with straight autotools for
GtkGLArea work; it will integrate into the mother project better if
they accept your patches, and once you have it working I can add it to
GTK-OSX for automatic building and inclusion in the frameworks. Then
you can use XCode to build your application if you want to.