Re: [Gtk-osx-users] problem with input source switching

On Jul 17, 2009, at 9:36 PM, Vyacheslav Egorov wrote:

>> It's much more likely that textadept simply isn't responding to the
>> shortcut.
>
> Why should textadept respond to it?
> It is a global shortcut (configured in System Preferences >
> Keyboard&Mouse > Keyboard Shortсuts) not a textadept shortcut. So I
> think that OS itself should respond to it, not the application. BTW,
> textadept receives cmd+space keypress event.
>
> In Linux I use ctrl+shift to switch keyboard layouts, but Mac OS X
> does not allow to assign this shortcut to input source switching.

Because gdk-quartz doesn't magically turn textadept into a Mac
application, and it's the application's job to take key events and
turn them into characters. For how this works in a normal Carbon
application, see http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/UnderstandTextInput_TSM/tinptsm_intro/tinptsm_intro.html

Ctrl-Shift? Really? That's rather unusual. No, of course you can't map
that to the Mac Keyboard Shortcut, but you don't want to. Just open
textadept and press it  and see if it changes the input method for
you. It's actually rather likely that it will, because it has to trap
low-level keyboard events (key-down) to be able to see that sequence
at all.