Re: [Gtk-osx-users] problem with input source switching

On Jul 17, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Vyacheslav Egorov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using textadept --- an extensible texteditor based on Scintilla.
>
> It works fine both under Linux and Windows, so I tried to setup it on
> my Mac (it is GTK based so it uses GTK-OSX to run under Mac OS X), but
> run into a wierd problem: I can't switch my input method.
>
> I am using cmd+space to switch my input methods and this shortcut
> works just fine everywhere, but not in textadept.
>
> I am not familiar with Mac OS X event model, but I think that keypress
> triggers global event shortcut only when it was not consumed
> "locally". So my hypothesis is that cmd+space (and other shortcuts)
> are consumed somewhere inside GTK-OSX Framework itself.
>
> Any ideas on how to debug this problem?

It's much more likely that textadept simply isn't responding to the
shortcut. The first thing to try is the shortcut that works in Linux.
If that does work, then you can look into patching textadept with ige-
mac-integration (it's part of gtk-osx-core) to get the mac shortcut
applied.

If it doesn't work, though, it's most likely that the functionality
itself isn't supported in gtk-osx. I can't really help you with that,
so try on the gtk list http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list.