Re: [Gtk-osx-users] problem with input source switching

> Because gdk-quartz doesn't magically turn textadept into a Mac
> application, and it's the application's job to take key events and
> turn them into characters.

Lets check that I understand you correctly: so I need to add a special
code to TextAdept that will consume cmd+space keypress and switch
input source through some Carbon API? That's rather strange. I thought
that input sources are handled globally. When I switch input source
for one application it affects all other applications as well (so
currently if I want to type Russian text I have to go to some other
application i.e. Safari, press cmd+space, return to textadept, type
some Russian text, then again go to Safari, press cmd+space, go back
to textadept and type some English letters, then again...).

Thanks for the link. I will take a look at it.

> Ctrl-Shift? Really? That's rather unusual.

Initially I came from the Win-world (and still do a lot of programming
for Windows), so I'm addicted to this shortcut.

Under Linux I had to configure X.Org (XKB) to use this shortcut for
keyboard layout switching, so (no surprise) it does not work for
textadept under Mac OS X.

--
e.v.e