Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] Not notified on clipboard clear

On 11/08/2010, at 5:30 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Richard Procter wrote:
>> [snip]
>> (The test case issue was due to running from an ssh login.)
>>
>> The problem remains, however. I've raised gnome bug #626499 with
>> details. It appears the root cause is that OS X is simply not
>> notifying GTK on a change of Pasteboard ownership for some reason.
>> I've had a look at the docs and GTK seems to be doing the right
>> thing.
>>

> Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.
>
> I've commented further on the bug report.

Thanks John, also for the detailed results of my testcase earlier.

I have a workaround in the meantime for my application - the main issue
is that it needs to know whether it is copying from itself for internal
data. One way is to maintain clipboard ownership state, which relies on
the clear callback. Another, which I'm using now, is to add the PID to
the internal data and compare. Thankfully clipboards are not, as far as
I am aware, shared between machines on OS X :)

regards,
Richard.