[Gtk-osx-devs] Not notified on clipboard clear

Hi John,

I've hit a snag with copy/paste and would like to know if you recognise it?

The symptoms are that the 'clipboard cleared' callback registered via gtk_clipboard_set_with_data() is not being called.

I tried to narrow the problem down to a test case (attached) but, strangely, although it worked as expected in win32, under OS X it is more broken than my python application. Neither request callback or clear callbacks are invoked, nor does gtk_clipboard_set_with_data result in the targets being advertised (as vertified by the xcode clipboard viewer utility).

My application, on the other hand, successfully advertises targets and satisfies requests, but does not receive any clipboard clear calls.

I am using gtk+-2.18.2, and I have also tried this with your clipboard patch in bug #571582 without effect.

If there's nothing obviously wrong with what I'm doing, I'll raise a GTK bug.

thanks + regards,
Richard.