Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] Not notified on clipboard clear

On 4/08/2010, at 8:05 PM, Richard Procter wrote:

> The symptoms are that the 'clipboard cleared' callback registered
> via gtk_clipboard_set_with_data() is not being called.
>
> I tried to narrow the problem down to a test case (attached) but,
> strangely, although it worked as expected in win32, under OS X it
> is more broken than my python application. Neither request callback
> or clear callbacks are invoked, nor does
> gtk_clipboard_set_with_data result in the targets being advertised
> (as vertified by the xcode clipboard viewer utility).

(The test case issue was due to running from an ssh login.)

The problem remains, however. I've raised gnome bug #626499 with
details. It appears the root cause is that OS X is simply not
notifying GTK on a change of Pasteboard ownership for some reason.
I've had a look at the docs and GTK seems to be doing the right thing.

regards,
Richard.