Re: Cross-compiling GTK+, missing icons

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Gerardo Ballabio
<gerardo ballabio gmail com> wrote:

This looks like a good solution to me. But instead of placing the icons
in external files you (I'm talking to John) may be also interested in
GResource framework [1] which does a similar thing like Windows resources,
that means embeds images and other data files inside the executable file
but is not based on Windows API.

It looks like that would suit my needs too.

I didn't know about GResource. It looks exactly like what you want and
AFAIU achieves cross platform support by generating .h and .c files
by serializing the resources. No special platform dependency like
PE sections.

https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GResource.html

You should try this first and please report back. I'm curious.