Re: Eliminate the warning Allocating size to GtkWindow without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_size/height

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM, The Devils Jester <thedevilsjester gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Timm Bäder <mail baedert org> wrote:

I know. I never said otherwise. Nobody explicitly passes --enable-debug
to a distr build of gtk+. But if changing gtk+ and waiting for the
change to land in your users' systems isn't an option, I guess nothing
is?

If I understand correctly, he is saying that he is not doing anything that should result in such a warning.  If that's the case, its a bug in GTK and putting the warning behind a more restrictive flag isn't a fix, its just pretending the bug doesn't exist.

That's exactly what I should have said.  I don't want bona-fide warnings stifled - if I'm doing something wrong, I do want to be notified, but would prefer to not see errant and perhaps misleading warnings popping up.  In the case in point, it appears that something - TreeView? ScrolledWindow? is handling widget expansion contrary to the way Gtk3 expects it to be done.

FWIW, I just compiled the same code (with appropriate modifications) under gtk2 and this warning does not appear.