Re: Eliminate the warning Allocating size to GtkWindow without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_size/height

On 28.06, David Breeding wrote:
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Timm Bäder <mail baedert org> wrote:

Those warnings usually come from
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkwindow.c?h=gtk-3-22#n9744

The output you're seeing is from gtkwidget.c and inside a
#ifdef G_ENABLE_DEBUG guard. G_ENABLE_DEBUG gets defined when
--disable-debug is NOT passed to the GTK+ build. A few of the warnings
in gtk+ have been put into #ifdef G_ENABLE_CONSISTENCY_CHECKS guards
instead, which is only defined when --enable-debug is explicitly passed
to the build.

I'm in a similar situation as the Devil's Jester in that I try to use the
precompiled binaries  provided by my distros to maintain compatibility with
my system.

I know. I never said otherwise. Nobody explicitly passes --enable-debug
to a distr build of gtk+. But if changing gtk+ and waiting for the
change to land in your users' systems isn't an option, I guess nothing
is?

Also, in this particular case, I really feel that the warning is produced
by the underlying gtk system.

That's what I said.

If you can come up with a patch, I'm sure it would be merged.
I'm not sure I'm competent to be working on Gtk itself.

Fine, but someone will have to change something. It's a two-line change.