Re: A toggled toggle button visually almost indistinct from untoggled

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Dan Stromberg <dstromberglists gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Dan Stromberg <dstromberglists gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On 13 April 2017 at 23:44, Dan Stromberg <dstromberglists gmail com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I miss being able to tell which buttons
> I've clicked!

Care to point to a screenshot, so it's possible to understand what you
see - and what you expect?
Here're 2 screenshots:

It's the "benchbox" button that's selected - near the upper left, right below where it says "Dan's from Dan's".

If I remote display from the system with a very recent GTK+ (under /usr/local/cpython-3.6), to a system with an older GTK+ (the version that comes with Linux Mint 18 - displayed using ssh tunneling of X11), I get the stuff at the bottom of this message.  Also, the buttons are just text - no outlines at all.

Here's a 63-line SSCCE for the problem (if you choose to run it, you'll likely have to change the #! line):
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/svn/gtk-toggle-button-test/trunk/gtk-toggle-button-test

That is, the 2 toggle buttons in the test program are almost indistinguishable from each other when one is selected and the other is not.

Would it be productive for me to try some older versions of GTK+?  Or to translate the SSCCE to C?  Or would it be better to just try some newer themes?

Thanks!