Re: Nim GTK3 editor

Op 07/10/2016 om 07:44 PM schreef Stefan Salewski:
On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 19:19 +0200, infirit wrote:
You delete the whole file without restarting your session? Then you may
expect breakage like this, it is like forcefully removing the file you
are editing and then wondering why the editing application complains.

Either restart the session or do it properly with "gsettings
reset-recursively ".
Of course I terminated my editor application before deleting

/home/stefan/.config/dconf/user

GSettings is a core part of GLib and if you remove it's dconf database
it will complain. Just restarting the app will not recreate the database.

I have already read about that "gsettings> reset-recursively
<schemaid>". But I was not sure about the exact string for schemaid.

In your case: gsettings reset-recursively org.gtk.ned

btw, you probably will want to change that to org.nim as you are just a
normal text editor afaics nothing to do with directly.

For example for this example,

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html#id-1.2.3.12.5

do you have an idea how I can reset all the GSettings modifications
that may have be done by that application?

The answer is in the gschema xml file, there is a line with <schema ...
id="your schema id">, the gsettings command line util requires this id.
There is a low level dconf util but I caution ppl to use it as it does
not have any knowledge of the schema, iow it can mess you up pretty bad.

I have written most of my dealings with gsettings down on [1], perhaps
it is useful for you.

~infirit

[1] http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/docs:gsettings