Re: Announcement of Visual Studio 2015 projects and solutions for Gtkmm and GTK+

Le 2015-11-27 09:04, Miroslav Rajcic a écrit :
I've seen most of the links before in the past.
Hexchat seemed promising at the time, but their unwillingness to fix
or change anything to the project that is not related to them
(including building GtkSourceView) was a big disappointment.
Some other projects are for GTK+ 3.x only, and that makes them
unusable to me.

Msys2 project is currently the easiest way to build the GTK stack on
Windows, but the issue here is the use of mingw compiler. My
measurements show that my own program compiled with msys2 stack (using
-O2 optimization level) is up to 50% slower in some tasks compared to
binary produced by VS2013/VS2015.

In the end, I must say, that as the time passes, I appreciate more and
more the work that Tor Lillqvist used to put to provide GTK+ binaries
for Windows. I don't think any other project has matured to step in
and to the work that he has provided.

On Windows, IMO, the ideal project would have to provide binaries (not
just source), probably built with VS2015 and support both GTK2.x and
GTK3.x stack. Additional points would be to build gstreamer,
GtkSourceView and many other commonly used libraries.

It's available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygobjectwin32/

Currently, I see many projects related to building GTK for Windows,
each doing work on their own without central/common project.

It's exactly what GTK developpers want, the same as under linux: each distrib build it's own binaries
--
Yann