Re: Announcement of Visual Studio 2015 projects and solutions for Gtkmm and GTK+

Yes, CMAKE is not very user friendly and for most of dependencies (actually almost all) one needs to create cmake files first.

Also creating projects with VS is far easier than doing all from scratch with cmake.

Not only that but most beginners who ie. just want to have gtk+/gtkmm run in latest VS might have hard time
to learn how to debug possible build errors with cmake.

I know it's possible to generate Solutions with cmake, but making build system with VS just goes faster (for me at least).

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:15 AM, LRN <lrn1986 gmail com> wrote:
On 27.11.2015 9:59, codekiddy wrote:
> compile GTK+, Gtkmm, all it's dependencies
> solely by using Visual Studio, as well as few other popular "hard to build"
> libraries.

Is there a particular reason to use MSVS as-is instead of using a
multi-toolchain buildsystem (such as CMake) with the MS toolchain?

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org