Re: Announcement of Visual Studio 2015 projects and solutions for Gtkmm and GTK+

I've seen most of the links before in the past.
Hexchat seemed promising at the time, but their unwillingness to fix or change anything to the project that is not related to them (including building GtkSourceView) was a big disappointment.
Some other projects are for GTK+ 3.x only, and that makes them unusable to me.

Msys2 project is currently the easiest way to build the GTK stack on Windows, but the issue here is the use of mingw compiler. My measurements show that my own program compiled with msys2 stack (using -O2 optimization level) is up to 50% slower in some tasks compared to binary produced by VS2013/VS2015.

In the end, I must say, that as the time passes, I appreciate more and more the work that Tor Lillqvist used to put to provide GTK+ binaries for Windows. I don't think any other project has matured to step in and to the work that he has provided.

On Windows, IMO, the ideal project would have to provide binaries (not just source), probably built with VS2015 and support both GTK2.x and GTK3.x stack. Additional points would be to build gstreamer, GtkSourceView and many other commonly used libraries.

Currently, I see many projects related to building GTK for Windows, each doing work on their own without central/common project.

Regards,
  Miroslav