Re: Misconduct of GTK+/glib Bugtracker Admins

oh my, all that time, what luxury...  can you luxuriate on another list, please?

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:11 PM, IgnorantGuru <ignorantguru openmailbox org> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:53:22 -0400
Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> You are the person who began their first post on the bug with "I
> realize that GTK development is effectively dead for non-Gnome
> projects,..."

Indeed, I do realize that.  Perhaps your opinion of the situation differs.  Does that invalidate mine?  I was merely saying that I didn't expect much from them, but in case they were interested in keeping support alive, here's how they could do it.

>  In your second post, you added "We are doing so here,
> and as usual, those needs are summarily dismissed if not coming from
> Red Hat". It is you who was inflammatory and irrelevant.

Actually, since a Red Hat employee immediately dismissed the bug (as usual), and the request didn't come from Red Hat, and I have seen this behavior numerous times, I found it highly relevant to point out.  I don't view it as inflammatory but challenging.  As in, "here is what I find dissatisfactory in your pattern of responses to bugs like this one."  And I was giving him an opportunity to demonstrate a new response.

I notice, like Robert Schroll, that you overlook many aspects of their behavior and are merely nitpicking my choice of words and how I express my perspective.  You don't seem to have any appreciation for differences of opinion being expressed.