Re: Misconduct of GTK+/glib Bugtracker Admins

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:17 PM, IgnorantGuru <ignorantguru openmailbox org> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 16:30:43 -0400
Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> Wow, what an amazing waste of time and space.

Yes, that's what I thought for such a simple bug.  Imagine if Comment #1 had been:

"Indeed, we seem to have broken gio when we added our gvfs hack, making the file chooser see only our file manager's mounts, ignoring everyone else's.  That's a simple fix so I'll take care of it immediately.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention."

Everything else from them in that bug report was inaccurate and irrelevant, hostile and dismissive, and completely unnecessary.

You are the person who began their first post on the bug with "I realize that GTK development is effectively dead for non-Gnome projects,..." In your second post, you added "We are doing so here, and as usual, those needs are summarily dismissed if not coming from Red Hat". It is you who was inflammatory and irrelevant.

For the record, I'm the lead dev of a extremely non-GNOME (you might even say anti-GNOME) project that has used GTK for over 15 years. I do GTK internal development work from time to time. I don't agree with anything about the way you've characterized anything that happened in that bug report. Robert Schroll seemed to summarize the whole thing extremely accurately.