Re: Stock items (button images / menu images etc)

Thanks Fan,

On 07/01/2014 14:59, fanc999 yahoo com tw wrote:

p.s. As we don't generally build gtkbuiltincache.h for Visual C++ builds (it is shipped with the release tarball), the normal Visual C++ builds do not build this tool. [...] if there is sufficient demand for building this tool with the Visual C++ builds, I would add a Visual C++ 2008/2010+ project for it

Alternative idea in case it's useful:-

1)  Have 3 x "templates" permanently in git - namely:-

        gtkbuiltincache.h.in (for Linux users)
        gtkbuiltincache-osx.h.in (for OS-X users)
        gtkbuiltincache-win.h.in (for Windows users)

2)  The above three templates could be kept up-to-date for each platform.

3) At build time, the appropriate template would simply get copied to 'gtkbuiltincache.h'

That would probably be simpler but is it practical?

John