RE: 回覆﹕ Fwd: Compiling using MSVC 2014 - gdkenumtypes.h missing?

Hello Dub,

The short reason why gtk-update-icon-cache.exe is not built in the projects because AFAICT there isn't much of a need for it, at least for MSVC builds of GTK+.

The longer explanation for this is this:

The reason why the icons are broken is that you will need some additional packages, namely:
-hicolor-icon-theme
-adwaita-icon-theme

Suppose you have your GTK+ DLLs in c:\foo\bin...

To make things relocatable on Windows without much text file editing, we need to use the fallback icon theme mechanism here-You need to put the index.theme file from hicolor-icon-theme into c:\foo\share\icons\hicolor (create the folder if needed), then you need to extract everything within the Adwaita folder in adwaita-icon-theme to c:\foo\share\icons\hicolor.  Doing these will get make some icons show (see note below), and the warnings of icon not being found go away.

Note: in the current release state (GTK+ 3.13.5 and adwaita-icon-theme 3.13.4), librsvg (which depends on libcroco and libxml2) is needed to display many of the icons, known as symbolic icons.  A utility program has been added to GTK+ master recently (so it will be in its next unstable release) to convert those images into .png format so that these icons will show even on systems without librsvg installed (but: running that utility itself requires the rsvg gdk-pixbuf loader, which, itself is from librsvg).  There isn't ready-made Visual C++ support for building librsvg in GIT at this time, so let me know if adding such support to librsvg would be desirable, or let me (us, since those png symbolic icons will be generated on the fly from adwaita-icon-theme) know if having the symbolic icons in png format distributed would be needed.  I will put on the MSVC building guide page the icons that have been converted, but it might be so that they go out of date (or, is it desirable that I have some where on the public GNOME servers where I can put them?)

Sorry for the lengthy response, but hope this helps.

With blessings.

Fan Chun-wei <fanc999 yahoo com tw> 於 2014/8/8 (週五) 12:05 PM 寫道﹕

Hello Dub,

The short reason why gtk-update-icon-cache.exe is because AFAICT there