Re: Drawing an insensitive widget

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 00:11 +0200, ax487 wrote:
My point is the following: when the
widget is insensitive, it should look different to indicate this fact.
Specifically the widget should look "greyed out" in some sense. The
question is how to achieve this effect for a custom widget.

Did you read this fine document:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkStyleContext-css.html

I am not doing widget development, but my impression is that the
gtk_style_context_lookup_color() function mentioned at the bottom may be
what you need, maybe together with GTK_STATE_FLAG_INSENSITIVE for
gtk_style_context_get().

Of course, when writing new widgets, it may be a good idea to inspect
some source code of existing widgets...