From: Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk>
To: Kemin Zhou <kmzhou4 yahoo com>
Cc: "gtk-list gnome org" <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: ATK dependency

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:06:03 -0700 (PDT)
Kemin Zhou <kmzhou4 yahoo com> wrote:
[snip]
> I am trying to configure GTK, it gave an error message:
> checking for GDK_DEP... yes
> checking for ATK... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (atk atk-bridge-2.0) were not
> met:
>
> No package 'atk-bridge-2.0' found
[snip]
> That has been posted numerous time, but no proper answer to this
> question.

atk-bridge is provided by at-spi2-atk.

However, if you had difficulty establishing that, then you may be
ill-advised to overwrite your distribution's libraries by compiling
your own version of GTK+ over the top of them: to do that you would
need to have a pretty good idea of what you are doing.

Chris