Re: gtk3 replacement for gdk_pixmap_foreign_new

Yes you are quite right Richard, I have had this problem numerous
times with gtk over the years. Generally the comment in the
documentation is along the lines of "this function has been deprecated
and should not be used in newly written code". Although actually this
has been getting better recently and there are now some indications as
to what should be used instead.

Regarding the gdk_pixmap/cairo issue:

First the documentation is terrible, all of the links on this page are broken:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.3/ch25s02.html#id1413352

Secondly, there was another page (I cant find it now) which had
replacement functions for only a subset of the gdk_pixbuf() functions
(making it look like the other functions had simply been dropped
without any thought given to their replacement).

Hence my frustration, which unfortunately came across on this mailing list.

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman