Re: gtk3 replacement for gdk_pixmap_foreign_new

(well, my previous comment on documentation aside....)

i have been caught by this in the past as well: that documentation related to deprecated functions is woefully lacking.  it is emminently unhelpful to simply state "stop using this call".

in all cases, there is a story behind why something has become deprecated, except that in most cases, this story goes undocumented, leaving a coder who must convert code (always a joy) pretty much on their own in determining:
IMHO: documentation describing a call as deprecated should, at the very least, include a pointer to what replaces it.  and, where possible, the back-story/reasoning behind the deprecation in the first place.

and when so documented, no need for pissy postings from any side since no posting would ever get generated in the first place.

richard

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 02:54:59PM -0300, salsaman wrote:
> Why are you all having problems answering a very simple question ?

You've send various emails and started demanding support. If you need
support that badly, then it is quite normal to go to a company which can
provide such services for you.

If you're fine with the normal support, do understand that you're asking
it in a period where most developers are simply on vacation. Sending
multiple messages in various days is also a bit counterproductive. E.g.,
I look at threads without a reply. I often don't look who replied on it.

--
Regards,
Olav