RE: Using Windows, Eclipse, Python - gtk not importing

Title: RE: Using Windows, Eclipse, Python - gtk not importing

I finally found the answer after 3 days of being stuck:  Go to Project, Properties, PyDev - Interpreter/Grammar, "Click here to configure an interpreter not listed", highlight & Remove python (C:/Python27\Python.exe), Auto Configure (brings up a new list below that you can review and checkmark as needed), then click on OK.

From:   Mark Tiddens [mailto:tiddens jumpingdolphins com]
Sent:   Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:32 PM
To:     'gtk-list gnome org'
Subject:        Using Windows, Eclipse, Python - gtk not importing

I am trying to run a Python program in Eclipse that contains "import gtk", and it is not finding gtk (however, it is finding pygtk).  I added the location of the bin file of  gtk+-bundle-2.24.10-20120208_win32 to the PATH and also did the following successfully:

Run:
    pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
and verify that it prints out something reasonable.
Run:
    gtk-demo
and verify that it works.

And other Python programs work.

So, maybe I need to do something to get Eclipse or Python to find gtk?

Thanks,

Mark