Re: picture slide show flicker and previous image flush problem

2011/5/12 Jerry Wang <jerry wang beonic com>:
> I'm wondering if the cario is the right solution.
>
> Because there are window transparency based on image transparency. I
> played a looped movie indefinitely in the X root window. And I need to
> paint a picture on it, like logo.

I was conveniently ignoring the whole window transparency issue,
because I have no experience with that ;-)
Wouldn't it be better to just play the movie in a window and also
drawing the overlay in that window?

> I still need to mask the image window background, right?

Try to only change the mask to the windows to the picture
transparency, while keeping the image widget the same. Does that show
the flicker too?

Maarten