Re: Question about GTK+ and timers

Mikhail,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Mikhail Titov <mlt gmx us> wrote:
> Just use something like __attribute__ ((__packed__)) for your structure and
> you can always cast back and forth from the pointer to your structure to an
> array of bytes (char*). Just make sure that both systems have same ending
> (little or big) and that members' order is correct. Otherwise you'll have to
> swap data within let's say m_voltageMask .

My intention is to run the program on the ARM architecture (armv4t) - S3C2440
mini2440 device from  FriendlyARM. So I don't think the endianess will
be the same here.
I am building everything from the OpenEmbedded tree with the
arm-angstrom-gnueabi
gcc compiler.

What would be the syntax with it?

[code]
__attribute__((__packed__))
struct Data
{
} m_data;

and what do you mean by swapping the order of the data?
I am just relying on the cross-compiler to do the right thing for me
in terms of endianess.

Should I care about that?

Thank you.