Re: Question about GTK+ and timers

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote :

My (hopefully last) question here in this thread is: g_io_add_watch()
should take a callback (i.e. static function) or just a regular
function?

Are you writing in C or C++? I assume you're using the straight Gtk for C as the function g_io_add_watch belongs to that and we're on the gtk-list rather than the gtkmm one.

Anyway, the function you need to pass is a callback, so it needs to be a straight C function not a C++ class member. It doesn't need to be "static" in the C sense.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of     | All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
this message are    |
purely my opinion.  |
Don't believe a     |
word.               |