Re: Can you help me compile a single widget?(I want to patch it later on).

Hello.

> Is there any reason we shouldn't just tell this person to just subclass
> the existing GtkFixed GObject and thence implement whatever they want to
> do in the subclass?
>
> Admittedly subclassing GObjects is a lot of boilerplate work, but it's
> still easier than attempting to rip apart the library (which we all know
> is a blind alley anyway).

If I remember correctly, GtkFixed code is cca. 500 lines of code and
modifying this will still take less time than creating new custom
widget from scratch. And most of the editing can be done using
search/replace functionality of text editor.

But I also may be wrong here.

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak