Re: Not getting which mouse button is pressed on button-press-event

Hi Ed,

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:11:21 -0500 you wrote:

> Wasn't able to emulate middle button on my 2-button mouse (project for another
> day, perhaps).

That's an X setting - EmulateMiddleButton or something of the like. If
it's set then X intercepts near-simultaneous left and right buttons and
substitutes a middle button.

> Can't verify 6,7, but perhaps it's time for me to buy a better
> mouse.  I wonder, though, if this might be useful with a joystick (left, right).

Buttons 6 and 7 are generated by some track balls and mice with
excessive numbers of controls. You get some flexibility on what you map
them to, and it's possible to use them for scrolling instead of 4 and 5.

But as I understand it, none of this is relevant to GTK, which just
passes through what the back-end produces.

Rob