Re: Can you help me compile a single widget?(I want to patch it later on).

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:19:33PM +0200, sledge hammer wrote:

> Well I thought a "patched" gtkfixed would be treated as a "custom" widget. So I thought that all a head to do is point it to the system's gtk+ headers and libs. Am I wrong in doing this? I just want to leave my system gtkfixed intact and just create a new widget named "gtkfixed2" or something like that! I think that's feasible, but I am missing something.

1) You must not name your widget gtkanything, use a different prefix.

2) You are missing that GtkFixed may use private Gtk+ functions, include
private Gtk+ headers, contain various infrastructural stuff such as the
symbol aliasing support, etc.  Nothing of this can appear in a custom
widget and it may be non-trivial to replace.

Yeti