Re: GtkTextView with transparent background

Daniel Svensson wrote:
To make things a bit more clear I've hacked together a small demo that
hopefully demonstrates what I'm looking for:

http://3e01742654c8c52a.paste.se/

...and hopefully provides boilerplate for people to experiment with.

If you don't have vala installed here's a pre-generated C version:

http://96851e75f5a1b424.paste.se/

The demo can be closed by pressing ESC. To resize the textview drag in
the south-east corner, to move it drag in the north west corner. The
result I want to archive is that the text should be rendered on the
gradient, without the white background.

I get it now.

Using the current size and coordinates of the GtkTextView, couldn't you get a copy of that area of the pixbuf/RGBA of the GtkWindow behind it? And then apply that as a background to the GtkTextView?

Intercepting the expose event - http://tinyurl.com/y9cthbb
GtkTextView background - http://tinyurl.com/yburko9
*
*