Re: GtkTextView with transparent background

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Vikram Noel Ambrose
<noel ambrose gmail com> wrote:
> I just watched the OmmWriter video. If I was to implement the same thing in
> GTK I would:
>
> 1. Create a GtkTextView, put it in a box and add it to a GtkWindow
> OR
> 1. Use a GdkDrawable for the entire thing

Getting the GtkTextView to be draggable around the GtkWindow (or
something), setting background image of the GtkWindow, and all the
other small things are the easy part, the problem I ask for here is
how to get rid of the white background in the GtkTextView widget and
instead make it transparent so that when dragged around, the main
background will be seen right through the GtkTextView. It sounds like
a very simple task, but I can't seem to get rid of the background no
matter what I do.

--
Daniel Svensson