Re: Fwd: GTK+ is real object oriented?

I think you're making way to strong a connection between language syntax
and programming paradigms. You're confusing 'what' with 'how'.

GObject, on which GTK+ is built provides all the key OOP properties and
GTK+ uses them to maximum effect:

Abstraction
Polymorphism
Inheritance
Encapsulation

C was not designed with object-oriented programming in-mind, so of
course the way GObject goes about presenting the above characteristics
in a C API may be a little awkward compared to how they are realized in
other languages. That does not detract from the fact that GObject/GTK+
provides a 'real' object-oriented environment. It just means it does so
in a way with which you might not be comfortable.

Seems to me, if you want to stick with a compiled language, you might be
better off using C++ and programming GTK+ applications via the gtkmm C++
bindings (http://www.gtkmm.org/).

Matt.