Re: Fwd: GTK+ is real object oriented?

frederico schardong wrote:
> Fake is when change a attribute (visibility) of a class (gtkwidget)
> only can be changed by a function (gtk_widget_hide() or
> (gtk_widget_show()) not by a method.

In most languages, methods are functions.

Sounds to me like you are stuck on syntax rather than the real concept.
 You can do object-oriented programming in most any language, whether it
has syntactical support or not.  C++'s objects are really structs with a
function call table (vtable) tacked on.

You might consider the Vala language, which implements a syntax more
like what you are expecting.  Under the hood, Vala is straight gobject
(straight-C), so it's very light-weight.