tree_view row color changes when selected.

Hi,

I have a GtkTreeView using GtkCellRendererText which I have set the attributes of the "foreground" and "foreground-set" to display gray text on certain rows which hints to the user that something is missing. This works until I click and select a row and the row gets highlighted and my text color which used to be gray changes to another color. Why does it change color? How do I force it to remain gray even if a user selects a row?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.