Re: Error converting a pipe (Handler) to fd on vs 2003 to use with g_io_channel_win32_new_fd

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:59:46 -0400
Donny Viszneki <donny viszneki gmail com> wrote:
> Is there no distinction between "idle" event sources other than
> "Typically this will be in the range between G_PRIORITY_DEFAULT_IDLE
> and G_PRIORITY_HIGH_IDLE." ?

If you are asking whether there is a distinction between different
event sources, then yes, self-evidently the various sources poll
different things. Beyond that, it is only a matter of the default
priority in the event queue, but g_timeout_add_full(),
g_io_add_watch_full() and g_child_watch_full(), as with
g_idle_add_full(), allow you to choose whatever priority you want.

"g_idle_add" is a pretty silly choice of name, I would agree, if that
is also what you are implying.

Chris