Re: Error converting a pipe (Handler) to fd on vs 2003 to use with g_io_channel_win32_new_fd

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM, puzzlecracker<vehomzzz yahoo com> wrote:
> I am trying to use notify a main gtk thread ( from a separate thread)
> that some even occurred using pipes.

You may want Asynchronous Queues.

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/2.20/glib-Asynchronous-Queues.html

You may also want to read about Gobject messaging:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/chapter-signal.html

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Tristan Van Berkom<tvb gnome org> wrote:
> It should be easier for you to just use g_idle_add()

Using g_idle_add() implies some pretty important things about event
processing priority that are not implied by the OP.

--
http://codebad.com/