Re: Error converting a pipe (Handler) to fd on vs 2003 to use with g_io_channel_win32_new_fd

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 08:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
puzzlecracker <vehomzzz yahoo com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to use notify a main gtk thread ( from a separate thread)
> that some even occurred using pipes. I get the following warning when
> I am trying to setup pipes. What is a good workaround?
>
> when I can this g_io_channel_win32_new_fd, I see this warning, and
> thus pipe isn't created at all :(

I know nothing about win32 pipes and file handles, but so far as
concerns passing events to the main GUI thread, I suggest you use
g_idle_add() or g_idle_add_full().

Chris