Re: Setting up GTK+ on Windows using Mingw

John Smith wrote:
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
Well, it is kinda assumed that people interested in developing
GTK+-using software have a broad understanding of concepts like
pkg-config, make, shell commands, environment variables PATH and
PKG_CONFIG_PATH etc.

Well, all the more thanks for having the patience to explain it to me
anyway, then.
;)

For people who really don't have a clue about stuff like that, a MinGW
and MSYS based approach with command-line tools is never going to work
anyway. They want some kind of IDE. Eventually there will hopefully be
something one can plug into Visual Studio.

So who actually needs an IDE? I'm using emacs (which performs 99% of an IDE's functions, and I'm using it precicely because it allows me to have the same setup in windows that I do under linux.

(ducking) let the flames begin .... :-)