Re: Setting up GTK+ on Windows using Mingw

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

> Well, it is kinda assumed that people interested in developing
> GTK+-using software have a broad understanding of concepts like
> pkg-config, make, shell commands, environment variables PATH and
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH etc.

Well, all the more thanks for having the patience to explain it to me
anyway, then.
;)

> For people who really don't have a clue about stuff like that, a MinGW
> and MSYS based approach with command-line tools is never going to work
> anyway. They want some kind of IDE. Eventually there will hopefully be
> something one can plug into Visual Studio.

Actually, I *am* using and IDE: I have set up MingW with Eclipse as
the IDE on Windows. And since im obviously not an expert (yet), simple
C programs like helloworld are easily written and build in Eclipse
this way. There even is an autotools plugin for Eclipse on Windows,
available at: http://sourceware.org/eclipse/autotools/

Regards,

John Smith.