Re: Setting up GTK+ on Windows using Mingw

> yes, i suppose i could adopt this policy for my software tool and user
> base (seismologists).

Hmm. It seems we are talking about apples and oranges here. The
original poster, as far as I could understand, is a *programmer* and
wanted to set up a *development* environment for building GTK+-using
applications. These seismologists you talk about, on the other hand,
presumably are *users* and they need to install some GTK+-using
application. Not build it. (Or am I missing something?)

These are two entirely separate use cases. Unfortunately in discussion
about GTK+ installers and environments for Windows they often get
confused, and people might even start a paragraph talking about one
but end it talking about the other.

The gtk+ bundle that was mentioned and the zip archives at
ftp.gnome.org are squarely aimed at the *programmer* audience. It is
the programmer's or application packagers job then to pick out the
subset of files originating from the bundle or from zip archives that
is needed on the actual end-user systems when he is packaging up his
application into some kind of installer.

--tml