Setting up GTK+ on Windows using Mingw

Im running on Windows XP, and have just setup MingW and Msys. Now ive
downloaded the 'all-in-one bundle' of the GTK+ stack, and am a bit
unsure about how to proceed with my setup. My ultimate goal is to
write and compile programs that use GTK+ on Windows. Should I just
untar the whole bundle, and move it into my mingw directory ? Or is
there another approach ? Im just asking because the GTK download page
for Windows mentions nothing about how to set up GTK+ on a MingW/Msys

Could anyone point me in the right direction, and, preferably, alter
the page to describe the
installation of the packages on MingW/Msys in some more detail ?

Thanks in advance,

John Smith