Re: Installing GTK+ on Windows XP

> From a developer's perspective, having one big distribution zip file
> that I can drop on my hard drive in some arbitrary folder would indeed
> be nice, rather than having to unzip many different packages.

I can understand that, but on the other hand, it is hard to decide
what to include in such a bundled zipfile so that it would suit
everybody. (The same issue concerns an installer.) Maximise potential
usefulness or minimise download size?

Just the GTK+ stack for typical GTK+ programs? libglade too? The
freetype2 Pango backend (which GIMP uses, but few if any other typical
GTK+ programs)? And what about message catalogs? (None at all, all of
them, or per-language bundles of catalogs from multiple packages?)
There are many choices...

--tml