Re: Installing GTK+ on Windows XP

> 1. Run the GTK installer from gladewin32.sourceforge.net (currently
> 2.10.11).
>
> 2. Downloaded the latest atk, cairo, glib, gtk, pango, gettext, libiconv,
> libpng, pkg-config and zlib

> 3. Extract all those zip files to create bin, inc, lib, etc. directories.
> Extract them all into the same directories.
>
> 4. Copy those directories over the GTK installation from step 1 (if you wne
> with the default location, copy them into C:/GTK).

If you are going do download the latest binaries of everything anyway,
and copy them over the files installed by the gladewin32 installer, I
don't see the point in using the installer at all... It isn't like the
installer would do anything magic that is absolutely required. GTK+
doesn't require any Registry or other settings that you would get only
by running the installer first.

> As of today, that should give you a working 2.12.3 installation.

Actually, the ftp.gnome.org site has GTK+ 2.12.5 already. I just
haven't updated the downloads.html page which contains just links to
ftp.gnome.org. (As it says on the page, the links on it aren't
necessarily always up-to-date.)

--tml