Re: flickering problem

> Subject: flickering problem

Here is my 2 cents: I'd use a different approach.

Create a frame containing a fixed number of GtkEntry, positioned and
sized using appropriate layouts. This GtkEntry matrix is "decorated"
with 2 scrollbars.

Instead of using a GtkViewport and a GtkTable, you can use the scrollbar
values to keep row and column count, without "moving" any GtkEntry in
the table.

I think it's more probable that flickering is caused by other operations
than gtk_entry_set_text (for example, "moving" widget will request a GUI
update, isn't it?). An alternative would be setting the GtkEntry
properties, and updating all at once, but I don't know if it's possible.