RE: Installing GTK+ on Windows XP

Having gone through this just recently, to get a clean install of the most
recent GTK on Windows do this:

1. Run the GTK installer from gladewin32.sourceforge.net (currently
2.10.11).

2. Downloaded the latest atk, cairo, glib, gtk, pango, gettext, libiconv,
libpng, pkg-config and zlib from Tor's website
(http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html). You may need some
others too, but those are what I needed for my stuff.

3. Extract all those zip files to create bin, inc, lib, etc. directories.
Extract them all into the same directories.

4. Copy those directories over the GTK installation from step 1 (if you wne
with the default location, copy them into C:/GTK).

As of today, that should give you a working 2.12.3 installation.

Ian