Re: Drawing BIG images

On Feb 5, 2008 10:10 AM, Donny Viszneki <donny viszneki gmail com> wrote:

> If you take my advice, you should probably begin with a GtkDrawingArea
> and create your own widget based on that for handling the drawing of a
> large area.

I would use a canvas instead of a plain GtkDrawingArea, goocanvas
already takes care of most of the OP concerns.
It comes with plenty of examples, there is also a demo for very large
canvas with a lot of items, which might interesting in this case, you
will see that is fast enough.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/goocanvas

cheers
--