Re: Drawing BIG images

I get the feeling that the most GTKish answer is not the best one.

By "most GTKish" I mean a solution involving widgets like scrollbars
and such. However, especially if your scrollable area is infinitely
large, scrollbars may not be as useful as a click-and-drag or
keyboard-driven viewport-adjustment interface.

If you take my advice, you should probably begin with a GtkDrawingArea
and create your own widget based on that for handling the drawing of a
large area.

Unrelated to GTK, you might also check out zvtm.sf.net