Re: Questions about the "file-system-backend" parameter in GtkFileChooser

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 19:55 -0800, andy.wang0804 wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have found an article explaining file-system-backend in gnome.org
> (http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/GtkFileChooserInternals).
>    In this article, there are there types of file-system-backend. I can find
> GtkFileSystemWin32 and GtkFileSystemUnix in gtk source, but
> GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS was found in libgnomeui(It is hard to understand...) .
> I try to compile the GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS.c in libgnomeui. Unfortunately, I
> can not
> get it work.
>
>    Is there anyone have ever compiled the GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS.c in
> libgnomeui?

you should compile libgnomeui to get the gnome-vfs based GtkFileSystem
module - but the file system backend code has been deprecated now that
we have GIO and GVFS. GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS is also deprecated by GIO
and GVFS.

in short: do not use the file-system-backend property.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,